Central Valley Brewery Sales Representative
Location: Central Valley (Stockton – Bakersfield)
This is a sales and promotions position working for Dust Bowl Brewery Co. Sales Department. The sales responsibilities for this position include facilitating beer sales by developing business relationships with key and new on and off-premise accounts. The promotions responsibilities for this position include setting up and participating in on-premise promotions, off-premise tastings, craft beer festivals, and other events.
- Existing On-Premise Accounts Calls
- Establish Agreed Upon Account List and Maintain a Regular Call Frequency on Existing On-Premise Accounts to Build Strong Relationships and Increase the Rate of Sales of Dust Bowl Brands.
- On-Premise Non-Buys
- Develop Agreed Upon On-Premise Non-Buy Target List and Schedule Meetings with Decision Maker to Sell in Dust Bowl Brands to Expand Distribution and Increase Sales of Dust Bowl Brands.
- Independent Off-Premise
- Establish Agreed Upon Independent Off-Premise Account List and Maintain a Regular Call Frequency to Build Strong Relationships, Sell-In New Brands and Packages, and Increase Display Activity.
- Chain Store Execution
- Call on Local Chain Stores to Maximize Execution of Authorized Activity at Store Level including Promotions, placements, and Displays.
- Wholesaler Sales Team
- Establish a Strong Network with the Wholesaler Sales Team (Team Leaders and Sales Representatives) through Daily Communications and Regular Work Withs.
- Consumer Sampling
- Regularly Schedule Promotions at Local Accounts and Participate in Fairs, Festivals and
Marketing Events to Increase Dust Bowl Brand Awareness in the Market through Product Trials and Education.
- Team Activities
- Participate in activities such as Brewery Events, Wholesaler Sales Meetings, Crew Drives, and other activities as requested from time to time.
- Administrative Responsibilities
- Ensure Weekly / Monthly Admin Responsibilities are Completed and Submitted on Time.
- Development & Learning
- Take Personal Responsibility for Your Development and Learning
- Selling Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Ability to Build Relationships
- Communication Proficiency
- Results Driven
- Customer/Client Focus
- Technical Capacity
- Problem Solving
- Organizational Skills
- Teamwork Orientation
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates primarily in the field with minimal administrative time. The position uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and copiers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This is largely a physically active role; however, some sedentary roles apply. This would require the
consistent ability to reach, bend stoop and lift to 50 lbs.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a regular, full-time, hourly position and will regularly require working 40 hours per week and does not have a regular set schedule and will include nights and weekends.
Travel is primarily within the assigned region during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Required Education and Experience
Education is based on requirements that are job-related and consistent with business necessities.
Preferred Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Beer industry experience preferred.
Knowledge and familiarity with craft beer.
Cicerone Certification is preferred.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Must be 21 years of age.
Must have Valid CA Driver License.
Current Motor Vehicle Report.
Must live in or near region.
Complete online assessment.
Upon request, submit sealed official college transcripts.
Dust Bowl Brewing Co. offers compensation packages including comprehensive health care, 401(k),
growth potential, and a challenging and exciting work environment.
Reports to Retail Director of Sales & Marketing
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities,
duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and
activities may change at any time with or without notice.