Elk Grove – Food Runner
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Food Expo is responsible for ensuring Dust Bowl’s standards for the quality of all finished dishes, meal portions, and presentation. Organizing delivery of meals to guests by running food to tables and delegating tags and orders between FOH and BOH. Communicating with servers and line cooks regarding dish priorities, kitchen synchronization, and ticket times. Coordinate and text all Beer Garden orders for guest pick up at food window. Verify all guest needs are met with every interaction at food window and tables in Taproom & Private room.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Set up, prep, stock, rotate, and re-stock stations for opening service
- Prepare a variety of sauces according to prep lists, delegate by priority
- Communicate with supervisors, line cooks, and servers when stock and/or items are running low
- Finish all take-out orders
- Assists cooks and kitchen staff with various tasks as needed and provides cooks with items they may need
- Provide servers, bartenders, and guests with needed condiments, salads, sides, etc.
- Maintain cleanliness and efficiency in assigned areas during service
- Operate POS for takeout and Beer Garden orders
- Interact with guests in a professional & friendly manner
- Help pre-bus tables and take bus tubs back to the dish pit
- Verify all guest needs are met with every table touch and communicate all needs to server/bartender that cannot be done personally
- Manage POS/KDS screens, upcharges, and special request instructions with FOH and BOH
- Shut down, clean, and sanitize stations
- Any other tasks assigned by kitchen leads and/or Managers
- Strong communication
- Working in a fast-paced setting
- Strong organization
- Superior tasking and communicating with various employees at one time
- Clear, respectful, and confident communication with all managers, kitchen, guests, taproom staff, and personnel.
This position operates indoors in a hot and/or humid environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Continuously reach, bend, stoop, and frequently lift to 50 pounds.
- Stand for long periods of up to 8 hours.
- Continuous walking for long periods of up to 8 hours
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to speak and hear.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This variable-hour part-time regular position requires flexibility in hours and shifts according to the operational business needs. The employee is required to be available during the scheduled “core” work hours of Dust Bowl. Day, evening, and weekend work are required as job duties demand.
- Certified Food Safety Certificate
- Minimum 2 years of experience in kitchen preparation and/or cooking or 2 years experience in FOH bussing or serving.
- Minimum 6 months of experience in a similar capacity (Food Expo)
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Must possess a Food Handlers certificate
- Complete recurring Harassment Prevention Training
$15.50 – $16.00 per hr. plus tips
Kitchen Manager(s), Taproom Manager(s), and General Manager
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.