Reports to Restaurant Manager
Welcome and warmly greet guests on arrival. Manage our reservation system and the efficient and timely seating of our guest(s) to a table that best serves their wishes.
Essential Job Functions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Warmly and graciously greet all guests upon arrival.
- Professional phone presentation attending to high volume phone calls and transfers to personnel.
- When possible, open front door for guest(s) entering or leaving the restaurant.
- Accurate handling of cash and credit card payments.
- When immediate seating is limited, record guest names, number of people, and cell number. When the wait is longer than 15 minutes, offer to text cell phone when their table is ready.
- (Downtown Taproom – refer to other downtown establishments)
- Downtown Only – Use “no wait” system to notify customer(s).
- Accommodate special seating requests for guest(s) whenever possible.
- Seat guest(s) based on guest(s) preferences and balancing of customer flow in service stations.
- Upon seating, offer guests a menu and inform them of their server’s name and any “specials” for that day. Inspect table for proper presentation and completeness.
- Spot sweep and check the floors, stock baskets and bathroom cleaning rotations regularly during shift and various end of day cleaning duties.
- Relay messages to servers and bussers as needed.
- Happily thank guests as they leave and invite them to return.
- If any down time bus tables, run food/drinks, wash cups(downtown), etc.
- Sweep, clean windows, stock baskets and bathrooms.
- Schedule brewery tours
- Schedule all reservations using Resy.
- No previous restaurant experience required.
- Possess basic math skills and have the ability to handle money and operate a POS (Point of Sale) system.
- Must possess both current Food Safety Certificate and Alcohol Certificate.
- Must pass pre-employment physical and drug screen test.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional restaurant environment. Work indoors/outdoors in varying weather conditions and temperatures.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The employee is consistently required to walk, balance and stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must always be able to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move to 50 pounds. Employee must be able to work consistently in a standing position for long periods of time of up to 8+ hours.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Part-time, variable hour position according to operational business needs. Day, evening and weekend work will be required as job duties demand.
This position requires 0% travel.
Required Education and Experience
No previous restaurant experience required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.