Keyholder Elk Grove
Reports to District Manager and Taproom Managers
The Key Holder plans, directs, and oversees all restaurant operations including managing staff, ensuring product and service standards are met, and implementing and maintaining procedures for maximum operating efficiency. Professionally represent and promote Dust Bowl Co.’s brand and policies.
Essential Job Functions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Continually refine beer knowledge and communicate that knowledge to staff and customers
- Maintain a calming presence yet act with a sense of urgency.
- Engage in ethical conduct and decision making.
- Present a professional appearance and demeanor and expects the same from all Front of House (FOH) staff
- Completely reads, understands and complies with OSHA safety, Dust Bowl Co.’s policies, procedures and guidelines while also communicating these with FOH staff members
- Fully understand and comply with all federal, state, county, and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety and labor requirements of the restaurant, FOH staff and guests
- Stay current with relevant legislation regarding service of alcohol and sale of tobacco and licensing
- Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly, and courteous service
- Resolve all customer complaints professionally and promptly.
- Ensure that all food and products visually meet portioning and presentation standards
- Achieve company objectives in sales, service, quality, appearance of facility, sanitation and cleanliness through training of employees, and creating a positive, productive, working environment
- Monitor and control cash, receipts, and paperwork in accordance with Dust Bowl Co.’s policies and procedures
- Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations
- Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner
- Ensure that all equipment and facilities are kept clean and in excellent working condition, through personal inspection, and by following the Dust Bowl Co.’s preventative maintenance programs.
- Work with all suppliers and sales representatives; complete ordering as needed
- Maintain regular communication with FOH staff and management through weekly scheduled meetings and discussions
- Work with management team as it relates to event planning, scheduling, and other brewery functions and events
- Dependable and leads by example, follows directions, welcomes feedback, and takes criticism appropriately. Adaptable with Dust Bowl team and treats all staff and guests with respect and courtesy
- Complete the end of the night check-out sheet writing down all updates, any repairs, and/or any suggestions
- Fully understand and comply with all federal, state, county, and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety and labor requirements of the restaurant, employees, and guests.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive and field phone calls according to Dust Bowl Co.’s SOP for phone etiquette
- Keep inventory accurate in retail area
- Assist with communication between Back of House (BOH) and FOH employees.
- Initial safety training of FOH staff
- Problem Solving
Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Continuous Improvement
Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others. Identify opportunities to improve processes.
Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Preferred Education and/or Experience
- Associate degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college; or six months to one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Familiar with MS Windows operating systems and MS Office applications. At minimum, intermediate level skills with Excel and Word.
- Ability to read and effectively interpret documents and manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively communicate with customers or employees.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Must pass pre-employment testing
- Food Handlers Card
- Alcohol Certificate
- Complete Co. Harassment Training with Certificate
- Fully Vaccinated
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is consistently required to walk, balance and stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must always be able to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move to 50 pounds. Employee must be able to work consistently in a standing position for long periods of time of up to 8+ hours.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Part-time, regular, variable hour employee. Flexibility in hours and shifts according to the operational business needs. Day, evening and weekend work will be required as job duties demand.
This position requires 0% travel.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.