Elk Grove – Kitchen Key Holder
Seeking a long-term career, not merely a job, to be an assistant in our kitchen, following our Kitchen Manager’s specifications and guidelines. The successful candidate will employ their culinary and managerial skills to play a critical role in maintaining and enhancing our customers’ satisfaction.
Essential Job Functions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Help in the preparation and design of all food menus.
- Produce high-quality plates both design and taste-wise.
- Ensure that the kitchen operates in a timely way that meets our quality
- Assist the Kitchen Manager in planning and directing food preparation and other duties.
- Resourcefully solve any issues that arise and seize control of any problematic situation(s) extending to/but not limited to food preparation, plating, inventory, and employees.
- Manage and train kitchen staff, establish a working schedule, and assess staff’s performance.
- Order supplies to stock inventory
- Comply with and enforce sanitation regulations and safety
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with Owners, Managers, coworkers, and
- Reduce waste
- Keep walk-in and dry storage clean and organized
- Responsible for directing the prep team and line cook duties
- Additional duties and responsibilities pertaining to all kitchen functions
- Understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment, and procedures
- Accuracy and speed in handling emergencies and providing solutions
- Familiar with the industry’s best practices
- Working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office, restaurant management software, POS)
- Coordinate training of new staff. Must be comfortable with providing constructive feedback and actively coaching/developing new
- Manage compliance of company policies as it relates to tardiness, cell phones, attitude, dress code, code of conduct,
- Inventory management
- Ensure there are sufficient supplies of BOH consumables and cleaning materials. Customer service
- Ensure that all efforts are made to promote an excellent dining experience for all customers and foster this philosophy with all
- Ensure that all efforts are made to promote excellent work experience for all team members.
- Manage challenging situations with customers and vendors by offering suggestions/solutions.
- Manage challenges/opportunities with BOH staff and conflict resolution.
- Assist with coordinating and staffing special events, catering, and
- Time Management
- Communication Proficiency
Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem-solving situations.
- Technical Skills
Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
This position has supervisory responsibilities for all kitchen staff.
This job operates in a professional restaurant environment and will be working in close proximity to co-workers. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. Hazards may include but are not limited to cuts, slipping, and tripping. Seasonal work indoors/outdoors in varying weather conditions and temperatures.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is consistently required to twist, walk, balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must always be able to lift and/or move to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move to 50 pounds. The employee must be able to work consistently in a standing position for periods of 8+ hours.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is an hourly, part-time, regular position with fluctuating hours and shifts according to the operational business needs. Day, evening, and weekend work are required as job duties demand.
This position requires primarily local travel.
Preferred Education and/or Experience
Associates degree (A. A.) or equivalent from a two-year college and/or
2 years of experience in kitchen management in a high-paced environment
Familiar with MS Windows operating systems and MS Office applications. At a minimum, intermediate-level skills in Excel and Word.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Pass Pre-employment and Drug Screening.
Current Food Safety Certificate.
$19-$21 per hr. plus tips
Kitchen Manager and General Manager
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.