Monterey Tap Depot Barback
Reports to: General Manager and Taproom Managers
We are looking for a Barback to support our Bartenders and the rest of our staff. You’ll assist with bar opening and closing procedures and perform various behind-the-bar tasks, such as restocking the bar and collecting glasses and trays.
If you’re interested in kickstarting your career in the hospitality industry, this is a great opportunity to get first-hand experience of how a bar operates.
Ultimately, you’ll help ensure that our guests get an excellent customer service and enjoy their time at our Taproom.
Note that, to be considered for this role, you should be legally authorized to work in a bar where alcoholic beverages are served and consumed. You should also be available to work in shifts, including evenings, weekends and public holidays.
- Tidy up tables, counters and other bar areas.
- Collect and wash empty glasses and trays.
- Restock the bar, coasters and napkins.
- Change out beer kegs.
- Remove trash and wipe down drink spills.
- Clean rags throughout the shift.
- Assist the Bartenders during rush hours.
Required Skills/ Abilities:
- Minimum age to serve alcohol.
- Interest in the hospitality industry; previous entry-level experience in a bar or restaurant is not mandatory but will be considered a plus.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Team spirit.
- Basic knowledge of bar menu items and different types of beers.
- Physical ability to lift beer kegs, hold trays of bottles and glassware and stand during the shift.
- Flexibility to work during evenings, weekends and public holidays.
- Additional certification in mixology or hospitality is a plus.
- Possess a current Food Handlers Card/Certificate, and Alcohol ServSafe Certificate.
- Complete online application and assessment.
- Must pass pre-employment screening.
- Must complete appointed online Harassment Training.
- Prolonged periods of standing and walking.
- Must be able to lift, balance, and carry trays of alcohol or glasses weighing up to 25 pounds
- Walk and stand during entire shift.
- Continuously reach, bend, lift, carry, stoop and wipe.
- Remain stationary for long periods of time.
- Frequently wash hands.
- Be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Be able to manipulate fingers, hands and arms to cut, measure, pour, serve, carry and wipe.
- Be able to hear and talk.
- Good close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus between the two.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
- This part-time variable hour position regularly requires consistent night, weekend and holiday availability and work.
- No Travel for this position
- Base plus tips
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.