Job Title Packaging Lead
Reports to Brewmaster
Responsible for operation and maintenance of the automated CFT bottling line and Codi canning line and supervision of personnel during packaging runs. The position will also be required to assist in other brewery operations to support wort, green beer and brite beer production.
Essential Job Functions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Receive, inventory and store packaging materials and finished product (Verification of condition/quantity)
2. Clean, Sanitize and operate CFT bottling line, Comac kegging line, PE labeler, and Codi canning line.
3. Perform package size change over on all filling lines.
4. Verify condition of beer prior to packaging.
5. Accurately fill out packaging documents to reflect fill quantities, loss, and any problems with packaging runs.
6. Perform preventative and periodic maintenance on bottle packaging line with assistance from the Maintenance Manager.
7. Train other personnel on packaging operations and maintenance.
8. Work with CFT, Codi and Comac representatives to maintain, repair, and troubleshoot packaging systems.
9. Maintain spare parts inventory with assistance of the Maintenance Manager.
10. Keep packaging area clean and orderly.
11. Train with and evaluate packaging SOPs
12. As needed, assist cellar personnel in other production duties.
13. Interact with tap room staff and customers in a professional manner.
14. Drive forklift.
1. Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
2. Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
3. Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
4. Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
5. Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
6. Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan or seeks assistance.
7. Mechanical Aptitude – Must have a basic understanding of the operation of centrifugal and positive displacement pumps, valves (pneumatic and manual), motors, circuit breakers, variable frequency drives, and proximity sensors/switches and be able to troubleshoot them.
Familiar with MS Windows operating systems and MS Office applications. At minimum, intermediate level skills with Excel and Word. Experience with Orchestrated Beer is a plus.
Ability to read and effectively interpret documents and manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively communicate with customers or employees.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as totals and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
Reasoning Ability Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
The position will occasionally be required to work in the warehouse environment to facilitate shipment activities and assist with warehouse functions. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
1. Must travel up and down 45 steps as required.
2. Must be able to use both hands and arms in full range of motion.
3. Must have good hand and eye coordination skills.
4. Must be able to work around moving equipment and hazardous chemicals.
5. The employee is consistently required to walk, balance and stoop, kneel or crouch and work from different heights. The employee must always be able to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and consistently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Employee must be able to work consistently in a standing position for long periods of time of up to 8+ hours.
6. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work Full time, regular position with flexibility in hours and shifts according to the operational business needs. Day, evening and weekend work will be required as job duties demand.
This position requires 0% travel outside of local area.
Required Education and Experience
Degree, diploma, or certificate of completion from an accredited brewing school or two years related experience in a packaging supervisor position; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications and Other Duties
1. Must be 21 years of age.
2. Pass pre-employment physical and drug screening.
3. Must complete online assessment.
4. Valid current CA Driver License
5. Valid Automobile Proof of Insurability
6. Current Motor Vehicle Report
7. Forklift certified
Dust Bowl Brewing Co. offers compensation packages including comprehensive health care, 401(k), growth potential, and a challenging and exciting work environment.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principle functions of this position, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the general scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work of Dust Bowl Brewing Co Packaging Supervisor description requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload and gain additional experience to further the individual’s professional development.