Warehouse Distribution Handler
The Warehouse Distribution Handler performs duties as a stock handler, pulling orders, loading/unloading trucks, assisting in inventory counts, and maintaining the general cleanliness and upkeep of the warehouse and cold box area.
Essential Job Functions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Pulls and stages orders from existing inventory utilizing forklifts, pallet jacks, and inventory control software.
- Loads trucks with beer and merchandise scheduled for delivery
- Receives and checks condition of incoming deliveries
- Performs daily checks of forklifts
- Stocks freshly packaged beer in an organized manner
- Assists in general warehouse cleanup
- Accurately performs inventory counts and adjustments
- Utilize company vehicles to transfer packaging materials between warehouses
- Utilize inventory software to document shipping, receiving, and transfer actions
- Some driving may be required for small delivery orders to tap rooms/distributors
- Must be able to load and unload packages with and without dollies in various types of weather.
- Problem Solving
Identifies and resolves problems on time; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem-solving situations.
- Technical Skills
Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; and commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Familiar with MS Windows operating systems and MS Office applications.
- Ability to read and effectively interpret documents. Ability to effectively communicate with customers or employees.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- This job operates indoors/outdoors in varying weather conditions and temperatures.
The position will occasionally be required to work in the warehouse environment to facilitate shipment activities and assist with warehouse functions. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to lift 55 lbs. as required.
- Must be able to maneuver 165 lb. kegs safely.
- Must travel up and down 45 steps as required.
- Must be able to use both hands and arms in a full range of motion.
- Must have good hand and eye coordination skills.
- Must be able to work around moving equipment and hazardous chemicals.
- Must be able to speak, hear and smell.
- The employee is consistently required to walk, balance and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must always be able to repeatedly lift and/or move up to 30 pounds and consistently lift and/or move up to 55 pounds. Employees must be able to work consistently in a sitting position for long periods of up to 8+ hours.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- Full-time regular position with flexibility in hours and shifts according to the operational business needs. Day, evening, and weekend work are required as job duties demand.
- This position requires 0% travel.
Preferred Education and/or Experience
Additional Skills and Eligibility Qualifications
- Ability to drive safely
- Ability to maintain a clean driving record
- Ability to maintain basic logs and records
- Ability to carry out a series of instructions without constant supervision
- Able to remain professional and courteous at all times
- Pass pre-employment screening
- Complete online application and assessment
- Valid CA driver’s license
- DMV Driver Vehicle Record
$19 – $21 per hour
Dust Bowl Brewing Co. offers compensation packages including comprehensive Healthcare, Voluntary Life Insurance, 5 paid holidays, 5 days of paid sick leave, a 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company match, and full-time brewers receive monthly gift cards with $100 to spend in our taproom after your 90-day introductory period. Once the brewery card is exhausted, employees receive a 25% discount on alcohol, food served in the location-specific taproom(s), to-go beer, or Dust Bowl merch.
Brewmaster and Warehouse Logistics Supervisor