Bartender – Elk Grove
The Bartender position is the face of each pour and fosters a quality-driven experience through our award-winning beer and unique story. With our beautiful tasting room as your backdrop and 20+ beers on tap, you will be sure to find the perfect beverage for each of our guests. Providing the highest level of customer service is embedded in the Dust Bowl culture. You will be working side by side with people that share a passion for quality craft beer and an exceptional commitment to cultivating a memorable customer experience one pour at a time.
Consistency is a key element in a positive experience, which is achieved by always following recipes. You must be friendly, outgoing, and possess good communication skills. This position requires you to be organized, and able to think and act quickly and effectively while retaining self-composure.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Welcome each guest(s) personally within 30 seconds.
- Communicate with guest(s) using clear and enthusiastic words, tone, and body language at all times. Make guest(s) feel appreciated through your actions.
- Work as a team with all Dust Bowl personnel to maintain an effective atmosphere and an efficient food and beverage service.
- Work with others to keep all areas always cleaned and stocked to Dust Bowl’s standards.
- Serve alcoholic and nonalcoholic drinks for patrons of bar and taproom following standard recipes.
- Ring drink orders into the computer immediately, collect money from guests for drinks served, and make change.
- Arrange bottles and glasses to maintain an attractive display in agreement with Dust Bowl’s standards.
- Wash and sterilize stemware.
- Be attentive! Offer assistance before the guest has to ask for it.
- Count drinks guests are served while monitoring the level of intoxication.
- Place current bar tabs in the front of guests at all times.
- Monitor and ensure that no Guest receives more than the allowed number of specific drinks.
- Anticipate your guest’s needs. Follow the half-full rule when offering another drink. Be alert of guest signals (raising a hand, making eye contact, etc.), and acknowledge the guest to let them know the bartender will be right with them.
- Learn guests’ names, occupations, and favorite drinks. This will make Dust Bowl a special place for them.
- Serve alcohol responsibly. Should a guest reach the state where the bartender does not feel the guest should drive, supply a taxi, Lyft, or Uber. Do not hesitate to ask for management intervention if necessary.
- Perform other duties as directed.
- Customer Focus
- Communication Proficiency
- Organizational Skills
- Stress Management/Composure
- Time Management
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates behind the bar and maybe works in close proximity to co-workers. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. Hazards may include but are not limited to, cuts, slipping, and tripping. This job operates indoors/outdoors in varying weather conditions and temperatures.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Walk and stand during the entire shift.
- Continuously reach, bend, lift, carry, stoop and wipe.
- Remain stationary for long periods of time.
- Frequently wash hands.
- Be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Be able to manipulate fingers, hands, and arms to cut, measure, pour, serve, carry and wipe.
- Be able to hear and talk.
- Good close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus between the two.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This part-time, variable-hour position regularly requires consistent night and weekend availability and work.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and/or Experience
Prior experience working in a restaurant
Basic knowledge of beer and wine
Preferred Education and Experience
Prior experience as a bartender
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- You must be 21 or older
- You must possess and maintain ANIS Food Safety Certificate and Responsible Beverage Service (RBS) Alcohol Safety Certificate
Base plus great tips!
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.