Busser – Elk Grove Old Town Tap House
Reports to Taproom Managers and General Manager
Dust Bowl Bussers will pre-bus tables by removing used glassware and dishes while guests finish their meals or drinks: clear, wipe down, sweep, clean and disinfect tables after guest(s) leave table.
Essential Job Functions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Obtain service area assignment at the beginning of each shift.
- Operate small electric and gas power cleaning equipment.
- Remove used glassware as required.
- Clear tables after guests.
- Take soiled tableware to kitchen and unload, sort and stack glassware in designated areas in the soiled dish drop off area.
- Between seating’s, promptly clean table tops and chairs and disinfect. Check floor and clean/sweep as required. Reset and arrange tabletop as instructed per training.
- Inspect assigned restrooms every 30 minutes and clean and re-stock as needed.
- Respond kindly and appropriately to guest request. Communicate guest requests to bartender/server or a manager as needed.
- Communicate with bartender/server to assure efficient seating, table utilization and customer service.
- Assist bartenders/servers as needed with drink and food delivery, especially with large parties and during peak periods.
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the Taproom manager(s) or immediate supervisor.
- Customer Focus.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Organizational Skills.
- Stress Management/Composure.
- Time Management
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- This job operates in a taproom and outdoor environment and may be working near co-workers. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. Hazards may include, but are not limited to, cuts, slipping and tripping.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Brisk walking and moving during entire shift.
- Continuously reach, bend, lift, carry, stoop and wipe.
- Remain stationary for long periods of time.
- Frequently wash hands.
- Be able to frequently lift to 50 lbs.
- Be able to consistently manipulate fingers, hands and arms to cut, measure, pour, serve, carry and wipe.
- Be able to hear and talk.
- Good close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus between the two.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- This regular, part-time, variable hourly position which regularly requires full open availability, long hours, and consistent day, evening, nights and weekend work according to business needs.
- No travel is expected for this position.
Required/Preferred Education and Experience
- Prior experience working in a restaurant preferred.
- Basic knowledge of beer and wine..
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Must possess and maintain current ANSI Certified Food Safety Certificate and a Responsible Beverage Service(RBS) Alcohol Certificate.
- Must complete Co. Harassment Training
- Base plus tips
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.