REPORTS TO Kitchen Managers
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Food Expo is responsible for ensuring Dust Bowl’s standards for quality to all finished dishes, meal portions, and presentation. Organizing delivery of meals to guests by delegating tags and orders between FOH and BOH. Communicating with servers and line cooks regarding dish priorities, kitchen synchronization and ticket times.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Set up, prep, stock, rotate and re-stock stations for opening service
- Prepare a variety of foods according to prep lists, delegate by priority
- Communicate with supervisors, line cooks and servers when stock and/or items are running low
- Package to-go orders
- Assists cooks and kitchen staff with various tasks as needed and provide cooks with items they may need
- Provide servers with needed condiments, salads, sides etc.
- Maintain cleanliness and efficiency in assigned areas during service
- Manage POS/KDS screens, upcharges, and special request instructions with FOH and BOH
- Shut down, clean, and sanitize stations
- Any other tasks assigned by kitchen leads and/or Managers
- Strong communication
- Working in a fast-paced setting
- Strong organization
- Super tasking and communicating with various employees at one time
- Clear, respectful and confident communication with all managers, kitchen and taproom staff and personnel.
This position operates indoors in a hot and/or humid environment
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Continuously reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift to 50 pounds.
- Stand for long periods of time up to 8 hours.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to speak and hear.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This variable hour part-time position requires flexibility in hours and shifts according to the operational business needs. Employee must be available during the scheduled “core” work hours. Day, evening and weekend work will be required as job duties demand.
- Certified Food Safety Certificate
- Minimum 2 years of experience in kitchen preparation and/or cooking
- Minimum 6 months of experience in a similar capacity (Food Expo)
High School Diploma
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Pass pre-employment physical and drug screen.
- Must possess Food Handlers certificate
Hourly rate + tips
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.