Host – Livermore
For the Host position, you’ll need to be a five-star greeter and seater. We’re looking for outgoing, friendly individuals who have great communication skills and can make an awesome first impression for Dust Bowl! You will also manage the efficient and timely seating of our guests and answer incoming phone calls.
What’s better than going to work for a cool craft brewery?! Besides the great music selection, wearing jeans to work, and the occasional plus-one four-legged guests, This job operates in an otherwise professional, fast-paced restaurant environment. Work is indoor/outdoor in varying weather conditions and temperatures.
Essential Job Role
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Warmly and graciously greet all guests immediately upon arrival.
- Professional phone presentation, attending to high volume phone calls and transfers to personnel, and making reservations.
- Accurate handling of cash and credit card payments for retail, take-out, to-go beer, and growler(s)/crowler(s).
- Accommodate special seating requests for guest(s) whenever possible.
- Seat guest(s) based on guest(s) preferences and balancing of customer flow in service stations per SOP training.
- When seating the guest, inform them of their server’s name. Inspect tables for proper presentation, arrangement, and completeness, informing and helping guest(s) with our QR ordering system.
- Spot sweep and check the floors, stock baskets, and bathroom cleaning rotations regularly during shift and various end-of-day cleaning duties.
- Relay messages to servers, bussers, kitchen, and Managers as needed.
- Happily, thank guests as they leave and invite them to return to Dust Bowl.
- When there is downtime, you will bus tables, run food/drinks, dry trays, roll silverware, etc.
- Side work, sweeping, cleaning windows, stock baskets, and bathrooms.
- Schedule all reservations using Resy.
None! But teamwork is essential. There are a lot of moving parts and roles at the host stand.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
You will be required to walk, balance and stoop, kneel, or crouch. You must always be able to lift and/or move to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move to 50 pounds. You must be able to work consistently in a standing position and moving position.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
You will be a part-time regular employee with flexibility in hours and shift schedule according to the operational business needs. Day, evening, and weekend work are required as job duties demand.
This position requires 0% travel.
Required Education and Experience
No previous restaurant experience required
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
You will need to have basic math skills and the ability to handle money and operate a POS (Point of Sale)
system. You must have and maintain a current Food Safety Certificate and a Responsible Beverage Service (RBS) Alcohol Certificate. You will be required to complete our Harassment Prevention Training.
$15.50 per hr. plus tips
Who doesn’t love a good discount? You’ll get 50% off our tasty food for Turlock employees while on shift and 25% off when you’re not working. This includes food, award-winning beer (if you are 21 or older), and fun merch. Want to visit the other locations? Your 25% discount applies there too (beer and merch only in Monterey and Elk Grove).
General Manager and Assistant Manager(s)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.