Elk Grove – Line Cook
You would be responsible for the accurate and efficient preparation of meats, fish, vegetables, soups, and other hot food products, as well as prepare and portion food products prior to cooking; perform other duties in the areas of food and final plate preparation including plating, garnishing of cooked items, and preparing appropriate garnishes for all hot menu item plates. This position operates indoors in a hot and/or humid environment.
Essential Job Functions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Prepares a variety of food items for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers, and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
- Assumes 100% responsibility for the quality of products
- Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards, and kitchen rules, policies, and
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service
- Portions of food products prior to cooking per standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary workstation area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range, and refrigeration
- Prepares items for broiling, grilling, frying, sauté, or other cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning, and/or
- Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set up by Dust Bowl for all
- Handles, stores, and rotates all products safely and
- Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed and maintains productivity at all
- Closes the kitchen properly and flows the closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assists other staff in closing the kitchen.
- Attends all scheduled required employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Kitchen Manager or Manager(s) on duty.
- Communication Proficiency
- Customer/Guest/Team Focus
- Organizational Skills
You must be able to communicate, respectfully, and confidently with all managers, kitchen, and taproom personnel, and staff members. You must work well in a fast-paced setting.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
This position operates indoors in a hot and/or humid environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
You must be able to continuously walk, reach, bend, stoop, and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
Must be able to continuously work in a moving and standing position for up to 8-hour shifts.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
For this regular, part-time, variable-hour position you must be available during the scheduled Dust Bowl “core” work hours. Must be able to work days, nights, and weekends.
This position does not require travel.
Required Education and Experience
A minimum of 1 year of experience in kitchen preparation and cooking.
At least 6 months of experience in a similar capacity.
Preferred Education and/or Experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Possess and maintain Food Safety Certificate
Complete Company Harassment Training
Kitchen Manager(s) and General Manager
$17.00 – $18.00 per hr. plus tips