Prep Cook – Turlock
Reports to Executive Chef, Chef de Cuisine, Sous Chef
Summary of Position
Cook and prepare a variety of food products including meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables, sauces, stocks, breads and other food products. Use a variety of equipment and utensils according to the Daily Prep List.
Essential Job Functions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Complete opening and closing checklists.
- Refer to Daily Prep List at the start of each shift foo assigned duties.
- Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
- Understands and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, walls, grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, saute burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional restaurant environment and will be working in close proximity to co-workers. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. Hazards may include, but are not limited to, cuts, slipping and tripping. Seasonal work indoors/outdoors in varying weather conditions and temperatures.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The employee is consistently required to twist, walk, balance and stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must always be able to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move to 50 pounds. Employee must be able to work consistently in a standing position for long periods of time of up to 8+ hours.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This variable hour position requires flexibility in hours and shifts according to operational business needs. Day, evening and weekend work will be required as job duties demand.
This position requires no travel.
Required (or preferred) Education Licensing and Experience
- At least 2 years’ experience in food preparation and cooking.
- Current Food Safety Certificate.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications and Other Duties
- Possess strong organizational and decision-making skills
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.