Bay Area Brewery Sales Representative
This is a sales and promotions position working for Dust Bowl Brewery Co. Sales Department. The sales responsibilities for this position include facilitating beer sales by developing business relationships with key and new on and off-premise accounts. The promotions responsibilities for this position include setting up and participating in on-premise promotions, off-premise tastings, craft beer festivals, and other events.
Essential Job Functions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Existing On-Premise Accounts Calls
- Establish Agreed Upon Account List and Maintain a Regular Call Frequency on Existing On-Premise Accounts to Build Strong Relationships and Increase the Rate of Sales of Dust Bowl Brands.
- On-Premise Non-Buys
- Develop Agreed Upon On-Premise Non-Buy Target List and Schedule Meetings with Decision Maker(s) to Sell in Dust Bowl Brands to Expand Distribution and Increase Sales of Dust Bowl Brands.
- Independent Off-Premise
- Establish Agreed Upon Independent Off-Premise Account List and Maintain a Regular Call Frequency to Build Strong Relationships, Sell-In New Brands and Packages, and Increase Display Activity.
- Chain Store Execution
- Call on Local Chain Stores to Maximize Execution of Authorized Activity at Store Level including Promotions, placements, and Displays.
- Wholesaler Sales Team
- Establish a Strong Network with the Wholesaler Sales Team (Team Leaders and Sales Representatives) through Daily Communications and Regular Work Withs.
- Consumer Sampling
- Regularly Schedule Promotions at Local Accounts and Participate in Fairs, Festivals and
- Marketing Events to Increase Dust Bowl Brand Awareness in the Market through Product Trials and Education.
- Team Activities
- Participate in activities such as Brewery Events, Wholesaler Sales Meetings, Crew Drives, and other activities as requested from time to time.
- Administrative Responsibilities
- Ensure Weekly / Monthly Admin Responsibilities are Completed and Submitted on Time.
- Development & Learning
- Take Personal Responsibility for Your Development and Learning
- Selling Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Ability to Build Relationships
- Communication Proficiency
- Results Driven
- Customer/Client Focus
- Technical Capacity
- Problem Solving
- Organizational Skills
- Teamwork Orientation
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- This job operates primarily in the field with minimal administrative time. The position uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This is largely a physically active role; however, some sedentary roles apply.
- The employee is consistently required to drive, walk, reach, balance, bend, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must always be able to repeatedly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and consistently lift and/or move up to 55 pounds. The employee must be able to work consistently in a standing position for long periods.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- This is a regular non-exempt full-time hourly position that regularly requires working 40 hours per week and does not have a regular set schedule. The position requires nights and weekends.
- Road Warrior – Travel is primarily within the assigned region during the business day, with some out-of-the-area and overnight travel being expected.
Required Education and Experience
- Education is based on requirements that are job-related and consistent with business necessities.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Beer industry experience preferred.
- Knowledge and familiarity with craft beer.
- Cicerone Certification preferred.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Valid CA Driver’s License.
- Current DMV Driver Vehicle Report.
- Must live in or near the region.
- Complete employment screening
- Complete online application assessment.
$25 per hour
Dust Bowl Brewing Co. offers compensation packages including comprehensive Healthcare, Voluntary Life Insurance, PTO, 5 days/40 hours per annum of paid sick leave, and a 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company match. After 90-day introductory period, employees receive a 25% discount on alcohol, food served in the location-specific taproom(s), to-go beer, or Dust Bowl merch.
Director of Sales and Marketing
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities,
duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and
activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Position available at:Brewery & Taproom
San Francisco Bay Area (Santa Rosa to San Jose)