Taproom Manager – Livermore
The Taproom Manager plans, directs, and oversees all restaurant operations including managing staff, ensuring product and service standards are met, and implementing and maintaining procedures for maximum operating efficiency. Professionally represent and promote Dust Bowl Co.’s brand.
Essential Job Functions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist the General Manager, and/or Director of Taproom Operations with administrative projects.
- Continually refine beer knowledge and communicate that knowledge to staff and customers.
- Daily pre-shift meetings.
- Maintain a calming presence yet act with a sense of urgency.
- Engage in ethical conduct and decision-making.
- Present a professional appearance and demeanor and expects the same from all FOH staff.
- Completely reads, understands, and complies with OSHA safety, and Dust Bowl Co.’s policies, procedures, and guidelines while also communicating these with FOH staff members.
- Fully understand and comply with all federal, state, county, and municipal regulations which pertain to health, safety, and labor requirements of the Taproom restaurant, FOH staff, and guests.
- Stay current with relevant legislation regarding the service of alcohol and sale of tobacco and licensing.
- Directs and manages FOH staff members to meet standards and objectives while also determining FOH staff needs.
- Ensure all guests feel welcome and receive responsive, friendly, and courteous service.
- Resolve all customer complaints professionally and promptly.
- Ensure that all food and products visually meet portioning and presentation standards.
- Achieve company objectives in sales, service, quality, appearance of facility, sanitation, and cleanliness through training employees and creating a positive, productive, working environment.
- Monitor and control cash, receipts, and paperwork in accordance with Dust Bowl Co.’s policies and procedures.
- Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
- Prepare all the required paperwork, including forms, manager log reports, and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
- Ensure that all equipment and facilities are kept clean and in excellent working condition, through personal inspection, and by following the Dust Bowl Co.’s preventative maintenance programs.
- Work with all suppliers and sales representatives; complete ordering as needed.
- Maintain regular communication with FOH staff and management through weekly scheduled meetings and discussions.
- Work with management team as it relates to event planning, scheduling, and other brewery functions and events.
- Dependable and leads by example, follows directions, welcomes feedback and takes criticism appropriately. Adaptable with Dust Bowl team and treats all staff and guests with respect and courtesy.
- Complete the end of the night check-out sheet writing down all updates, any repairs, and/or any suggestions. Daily document all recordings in Manager Log
- Fully understand and comply with all federal, state, county, and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety, and labor requirements of the restaurant, employees, and guests
- Scheduling for all FOH staff.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Help with interviewing, hiring, and termination of FOH staff.
- Receive and field phone calls.
- Keep inventory accurate in retail area.
- Assist with communication between Back of House (BOH) and FOH employees.
- Write, review, and conduct evaluations of FOH staff with GM, and/or Director of Taproom Operations, providing feedback where necessary.
- Initial safety training of FOH staff.
Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem-solving situations.
- Organizational Skills
Ability to effectively plan and organize daily, weekly, and monthly tasks. Prioritize and/or delegate tasks in a productive and efficient manner.
- Continuous Improvement
Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others. Identify opportunities to improve processes.
Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Education and/or Experience
- Associate degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college; or six months to one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Familiar with MS Windows operating systems and MS Office applications. At minimum, intermediate-level skills with Excel and Word.
- Ability to read and effectively interpret documents and manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively communicate with customers or employees.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
This position has direct supervisory responsibilities to all FOH Staff.
This job operates indoors/outdoors in varying weather conditions and temperatures.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The position will occasionally be required to work in the warehouse environment to facilitate shipment activities and assist with warehouse functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, to stand, walk, balance and stoop, kneel or crouch. This position requires the ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and occasionally move 165 lbs. kegs as required.
- Must be able to travel up and down 45 steps.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Exempt position with flexibility in hours and shifts according to the operational business needs. Day, evening, and weekend work are required as job duties demand.
General Manager and Director of Taproom Operations
This position may require up to 25% travel to satellite locations according to the operational business needs.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Complete online application and assessment
Valid CA Driver’s License
Current Motor Vehicle Report
Complete pre-employment testing
Possess and maintain manager’s Food Handlers Certificate
Possess and maintain Responsible Beverage Certificate
Complete Co. Harassment Training
Salary, $64,480 – $65,000 per annum
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.