Reports to General Manager and Taproom Managers
Dust Bowl Hosts welcome and warmly greet guests upon arrival to our Tap Depot in Monterey. Hosts are also expected to be efficient and timely in the seating of guests.
Essential Job Functions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Warmly and graciously greet all guests immediately upon arrival.
- Accurate handling of cash and credit card payments for retail, take-out, to-go beer and growler(s)/crowler(s).
- Accommodate special seating requests for guest(s) whenever possible.
- Seat guest(s) based on guest(s) preferences and balancing of customer flow in service stations per SOP training.
- Upon seating, inform them of their server’s name. Inspect table for proper presentation, arrangement and completeness, informing and helping customer(s) with our QR ordering system.
- Spot sweep and check the floors, stock baskets and bathroom cleaning rotations regularly during shift and various end of day cleaning duties.
- Relay messages to servers, bussers, and Managers as needed.
- Happily thank guests as they leave and invite them to return to Dust Bowl.
- If any down time bus tables, run drinks, wash cups etc.
- Side work, sweep, clean windows, stock baskets and bathrooms.
- No previous restaurant experience required.
- Possess basic math skills and have the ability to handle money and operate a POS (Point of Sale) system.
- Must possess both current ANSI Food Safety Certificate and a Responsible Beverage Service(RBS) Alcohol Certificate.
- Must complete Co. Harassment Training.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional restaurant environment. Work indoors/outdoors in varying weather conditions and temperatures.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The employee is consistently required to walk, balance and stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must always be able to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move to 50 pounds. Employee must be able to work consistently in a standing position for long periods of time of up to 8 hours.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Part-time, variable hour position according to operational business needs. Day, evening and weekend work will be required as job duties demand.
This position requires 0% travel.
Required Education and Experience
No previous restaurant experience required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.