Reporting Structure: The Production/Inventory Manager reports to the Brew master and Ownership Group
Dust Bowl Brewing Co.
3000 Fulkerth Road
Turlock, CA 95380
The production/Inventory manager position is responsible for creating the production schedule and procurement of all raw materials for both ingredients and packaging.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities: Essential Job Functions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Communicate with Sales/Marketing Department to develop demand forecasting.
- Use Sales forecasting and brand plan to develop monthly production schedules for both brewing and packaging.
- Enter production schedule into enterprise software, Orchestrated Beer.
- Order materials for brewery production and packaging.
- Negotiate purchasing contracts for ingredients and packaging materials.
- Work with warehouse personnel to ensure material inventory level is optimal and accurate.
- Work with Accounting to develop and maintain cost models.
- Create and manage production budget.
- Monitors production for TTB compliance and reporting.
- Find opportunities to improve processes and profitability.
- Performance Management
- Must exhibit a willingness to operate with a great degree of flexibility resulting from ever changing market conditions.
- Technical Capacity
- Organizational Skills
- Maintain production and purchasing related documents and reports.
- Teamwork Orientation
- Must be a proactive team player. Will have continuous contact with employees at all levels of the organization as well as external customers in the business and technical fields.
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Proficient use of computer and analytical software. Ability to develop, interpret and apply specification parameters.
- Communication Proficiency
- Must be confident and well-spoken to be able to present concepts and ideas. Must be able to write and interpret complex documents in a clear and concise manner.
- Must be able to work in a plant environment being exposed to dust, high noise levels, extreme temperature, humidity fluctuations, and wet operating work conditions. Able to work at a desk for extended periods of time doing analytical work or preparing reports on a computer. Typical conditions may include prolonged sitting, standing and walking.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to physically move throughout the facility including climbing multiple flights of stairs, ladders, elevated catwalks and tight access areas. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to lift to 50 lbs.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- This is a regular, full time position. Must be willing to work according to the operational needs of the business.
- No travel is required.
Required/Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Operations or an accredited brewing school, or equivalent work experience is preferred.
- At least 3 years brewery management or equivalent food and beverage production management experience.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Must be 21 years of age
- Must pass pre-employment screening
- Must complete online assessment
- Must have current driver license
- Present current Driver’s Vehicle Record (DVR)
- Complete Co.’s Harassment Training
$70,000 – $90,000
Dust Bowl Brewing Co. offers compensation packages including comprehensive health care, 401(k), growth potential, and a challenging and exciting work environment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.